Friday, January 7, 2011

Persistent

per·sist·ent/pərˈsistənt/Adjective

1. Continuing firmly or obstinately in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.
2. Characterized by a specified habitual behavior pattern, esp. a dishonest or undesirable one. 

Whether we realize it or not, life offers us countless opportunities to be successful. It is the hard work that we put in that prepares us to take that opportunity and turn it into something of value. Without hard work and preparation, the opportunities will go to waste.

Persistence. A word that used to terrify me for fear of being found too aggressive. Me? Aggressive? More like passive aggressive. I'm very much a people-pleaser, so when someone says 'no', I usually say 'ok' and walk away. But how is that going to help me get what I want? So my sister encourages me (ok, it was more like a demand) to be persistent in my approach. Don't take no, and just keep finding a way to get what I need to get. So far I'm still getting a 'no', but I feel that things are starting to change. So... hopefully.... hopefully my persistence will pay off.

No comments: