Monday, January 19, 2009

Wedding Vows

Mr. B has been sick for a little over a week now. He's got fever and diarrhea etc. It turns out to be stomach flu... :( the poor thing was stuck in bed the whole week! tsk tsk tsk... This actually brings a new perspective on the term "in sickness and in health..." I remembered a sermon by a priest two weeks ago about this newlywed couple. Two weeks into their marriage, the husband got into an accident, and became paralyzed from the waist down. She stuck by him for years and years because they made the vow to be together in all kinds of weather. Wow... I cannot imagine me in that situation. Just having to take care of Mr. B for one weeks was already pretty hard, because I want him to get better, but seeing him so sick makes me sad too! Plus, it sucks that there is nothing I can do to make it better since he can only eat and drink things that are clear (clear soup, gatorade and stuff).

So, back to the topic... Wedding Vows. I was watching Sex and the City movie last night, and their vow was trully touching.. I'm not gonna spoil the ending for you but lets just say this, in the end, LOVE conquers everything.

By the way, I'm totally doing my vows the traditional way :) that's how I always imagined it to be.

"I, ______, take you, ______, to be my wife/husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."
"I, ______, take you, ______, for my lawful wife/husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part."

No comments: