Monday, November 15, 2010

Monterpiece

So, the Clippers lost on Friday. Despite everything, I think this team is definitely a lot better than they were last year. They still need to work on their defense and calm-under-pressure mentality, but at least they put up a very good fight against the Pistons, even extending the game into overtime. All of the fans were standing up during the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter, and you can feel that the crowd was really rooting for them to win it. That was the first time I see Clippers fan excited about a game!

Anyways, today is Monday again, and it's time to feature the Monterpiece of the week. I used to post Monterpiece (Monday Centerpiece) series regularly. I think it's time to bring out the tradition again, don't you think?

Let's see.... it's November, the leaves are starting to change colors, and Thanksgiving is coming up. Here's what I have in mind for today's featured centerpiece:


Source:  Al.com



Instead of using pears and roses, you can use pumpkins, apples, persimmons, branches of red leaves from your backyard, and add feathers as accents into the arrangements. I love persimmons because of their brilliant orange colors that always reminds me of Autumn, but you can mix and match the colors yourselves. I like to add the red dragonfruits too if I can, but they are so expensive here...

No comments: