Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good Luck

luck (lk)
n.
1. The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune: They met one day out of pure luck.
2. Good fortune or prosperity; success: We wish you luck.
3. One's personal fate or lot: It was just my luck to win a trip I couldn't take.

I don't know..... I just don't really like it when people say 'good luck with your marriage'..... it's almost as if they have underlying, more cynical meaning behind it. Perhaps I'm being to sensitive about the whole thing? (I'm not gonna lie.. I am known to be very sensitive at times). Sure divorce rate is high. Sure it takes a lot to be married. But is luck gonna help people with their marriage? I don't think so.... What we really need is love, lots of patience, lots of tolerance, and lots of 'night out with just the two of us'... and basically... lots of hard work and never giving up on each other. But that's a given, right? Who in their right mind would marry without fully understanding the intense commitment that entails with the state of being married?

No comments: