Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wedding Day Recap Part One

So, it's been a little over a week since Mr. B and I got hitched... It seems that time just pass by so quickly these days! Both of our parents are still in town, so we've been spending as much time with them. Plus we are slowly and surely unpacking our stuff, trying to settle down - which is kinda hard to do when you have visitors, and by the time you look at the time it's already late and you have a really, really comfy bed calling your name... yea... time flies...

You know.... since I still remember the wedding as if it was only yesterday, I figure I'd write it down... just so I can remember when I'm 90 years old. You don't mind do you?

Ah yes... the wedding day.... Gosh, where to begin? I could go on and on about how the day was! The first thing I can say about it is..... It was wonderful. Can I say that? Wonderful. It's not perfect (c'mon, is there a perfect wedding?) But it was truly wonderful. *Of course not everything went perfectly, but lets save that for another day, shall we?*

Wonderful. Thus we begin...

The Morning Of !
Woke up at 5:30am! Wow..... had breakfast, wore my special 'get ready dress' that my mom found for me randomly at a consignment shop next to the salon. this dress deserve special mention because we were desperate on time, and my mom really wanted to get a 'get ready dress' for me. the dress had to be strapless and white. guess what? the day (about a week prior to the wedding) that we were supposed to go shopping was a mess, and we didn't have time to go to the mall :( so randomly, because my hairdresser was running late, we went next door, and there it was. white, strapless, size Ms. B exactly, and cheap. thirteen moolah total. Coincidence? I think not.

It's not a really clear picture of the dress... but i guess it'll have to do :)
Anyway, so.... got ready, went to the salon to get the hair done, went back to the hotel to get the makeup done, and voila. It was quite chaotic actually because we were really short on time, and we ended up being late because of the limo driver, but that's a story for another day.

So, at around noon, my brilliant photographer, Lawrence arrived at the hotel and started shooting the getting ready shots. By that time, I was all ready, and all my ladies were all dolled up. So, *phew!! We're ready right on time! I have to tell ya... I was really glad to have the day finally 'started'! All this getting ready process was quite unnerving for me coz I keep on checking what time it was and my fear of being late was starting to consume me. And you know you really shouldn't rush your hairdresser or your makeup artist at all! They need to really get down to the details and those things do take time. And so, I got into the gown with no problem, took lots of lots of pictures with the family, with the bridesmaids, and by myself too, of course :) It was all fun, and I forgot about my fear of being late for a second...

(to be continued)

No comments: