Friday, November 14, 2008

Engagement Fever

OMG... this week alone, I found out that 4 of my friends are recently engaged! Wow... Love is truly in the air :)

Well, I went to an Engaged Encounter retreat last week, and the presenting couples (and a priest) gave us pointers about how to make a relationship work. How to resolve differences in our relationship, and most important of all how to be life giving to your partner. Life giving means.... giving life to your partner (literally) by building each other up to be the best person each other can be. Many of the sessions requires us to write down our feelings about different topics on our own for 20 minutes, and then spend another 20 minutes comparing our answers with the fiance. It was an eye opening experience to me. Some things that my fiance wrote are exactly the same with what I wrote, but some things are totally different, so it was really good to see his point of view on different things. At the end of the retreat, I had learned so much about myself, my fiance, and our relationship together... I left the retreat place feeling so loved, so sure, and now I can hardly wait to be his wife. Corny? I know :) but that's exactly how I feel.

No comments: