Sunday, November 2, 2008

First Post!

I can't believe it! It's been 3 months since Mr. B (coincidentally, his name also starts with the letter B) got down on his knees and proposed on top of the hill, under a sea of stars.

I've been neck deep in planning every tiny little details of the dream wedding ever since. There so many things to do, so many things that I dream of, and yet so little time to do everything. Being the undecided person that I am, it's tough to make decisions about anything. The fact that I want too many things doesn't help either!

Anyway, I already have a lot of things accomplished, thanks to Mr. B and my family friends' help throughout the planning process. Let's see... I've got both the ceremony and reception venues booked, photographers, officiant, theme, and most importantly: -the- DRESS! I think it's gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. There's no other word to describe it. Just thinking of the dress makes me giddy already.

What was I saying just now? Well, the planning part. Yes, so now I'm focusing on the caterer. Hopefully I can get this part done by the end of next week so I can move on to other things like DJ, videographer, flowers (ugh, I hate this part!), invitations, etc.

Speaking of invitation, I have to really thank God for my sister & her friend who are helping me out in this category. Her very talented friend, Juli, is helping us creating all the stationary for the wedding. At first I thought I wanted something that looked victorian and romantic. You know, something that you might see during Marie Antoinette era. Now, we're switching to Vintage Broadway theme, so it will be really interesting to see how Juli can transform my wedding invitations in that direction.

Why Vintage Broadway, you ask? Well, I always love all things vintage, and Broadway is my second true love, next to Mr. B :). When we first started dating, it seems that theatre, musicals, ballet, even movies and operas are bringing us closer together. Broadway is a perfect combination of our passion, and it's our favourite past time together. Perhaps it is a complicated and a little difficult theme to accomplish, but we shall see. Uuuu... I'm so excited!!! I'll post some pictures as soon as I get the drafts of the invitations.

No comments: