Friday, November 7, 2008

Wedding Planning

It's not easy planning a wedding in the midst of all the economic worries. With the unemployment rate at 14 years high, I am getting cold feet about everything. Will the economy be better or worse come June next year? With all these things in mind, I am really, really trying to stay within my budget, and so far we've spent about 50% of it on the photographer, venues, and ceremony-related stuff. Food, alcohol, flowers, and DJ are probably going to be the next biggest expenditures. O.M.G. How am I going to pull this off? With lots of prayers and diligent hard work, I suppose. I'm still optimistic though. I am doing a lot of DIY things for the decor, so that should help somewhat :)

Anyway, we have decided to do a buffet style dinners. We're inviting between 150-200 guests, so that will be about 25 tables. Since we are doing a Vintage Broadway theme, we're numbering the tables with our favourite Broadway Plays:

The Phantom of The Opera
Mamma Mia
Cats
A Chorus Line
Wicked
Beauty And The Beast
Rent
Chicago
The Lion King
42nd Street
My Fair Lady
Hairspray
The Producers
Annie
Aida
Evita
Dreamgirls
The Sound Of Music
The King and I
Jersey Boys
Kiss Me, Kate
Carousel
Le Miserables
Miss Saigon
Grease



I'm not sure whether I should name the tables "Le Miserables" or "Wicked".... but I really liked these musicals, so.... we'll see :)

No comments: